02/06/2021 0 Comments
Going On A Road Trip? Be Prepared With A Portable Booster Pack Or Charger
Don’t let a dead car battery ruin your road trip. Among other things, extremely hot and cold weather can cause your battery to die and leave you stranded on the side of the road. However, if you own a portable booster pack or charger, you’ll be able to get your vehicle back up and running in no time. Here’s what you should know about these devices.
Advantages of Owning A Portable Booster Pack
Battery chargers can be plugged into an outlet to charge your car battery, while portable booster packs contain an internal power source that can be used to jump-start your dead battery. They’re convenient and can be used anywhere. Additionally, booster packs have a number of benefits. Most importantly, they’re:
- Easy to use. All you need to do is attach the jump starter to your battery and start your car. Best of all, you don’t need to connect to another vehicle for a boost.
- Portable. Most of these devices are small, light and easy to transport.
- Affordable. There are many options available for under $200. They can also save you money on roadside assistance.
Furthermore, most booster packs are versatile and can also be used to charge your phone and other mobile devices.
How To Choose A Portable Booster Pack
Not all portable booster packs are created equal. They can be broken down into two main categories:
- Lithium-ion booster packs. These devices use lithium batteries, similar to the ones used in cellular phones. They can safely boost dead batteries in seconds. They’re small, portable and have a long lifespan. They can be used for cars, boats, motorcycles and more.
- Lead-acid booster packs. These devices use lead-acid batteries as their power source. In addition to boosting vehicles, they can also supply continuous power to appliances, air compressors and even power tools. They’re designed for large vehicles and commercial trucks. They’re bigger and heavier than lithium-ion booster packs and they need to be charged more frequently.
Many portable booster packs come with air compressors, AC inverters, flashlights, and USB ports. Some of the best booster packs on the market include NOCO Boost jump starters like the NOCO Genius Boost Pro (GB150) which has the following benefits and features:
• Ultra-bright LED flashlight
• USB port to charge devices
• Compact, yet powerful with 4,000 amps
• Can jump-start or charge most vehicles
• Safe spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection
The NOCO Genius Boost Pro can be used with gas and diesel engines, trucks, boats, commercial vehicles and more
Get Your Portable Booster Packs from Prairie Battery
If you’re not sure which booster pack is right for you, the battery experts at Prairie Battery can help. We’re a family-owned and operated business with locations in Winnipeg, Brandon, Edmonton, Regina and the GTA. We offer a wide range of batteries and battery packs to meet your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services.