High-quality Powersports Batteries in Edmonton, Regina, Brandon, and Winnipeg
Are you a Powersports enthusiast looking for a reliable source of power supply for your ATV, motorcycle, or snowmobile? Do not look any further than Prairie Battery. We offer Powersports batteries across Edmonton, Regina, Brandon, and Winnipeg.
Powersports batteries are high-performance batteries used to fuel Powersports automobiles like ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles, motorcycles, and even boats. These batteries require minimal to no maintenance and are rather strong and long-lasting. An important feature of such batteries is that they are not intended for periodic use, but are designed for cranking or starting purposes. Regardless of how you move from point A to point B or how you spend your free time, prairie batteries have the 6-volt and 12-volt starter batteries needed to keep them charged.
Powersports Battery Types
There are mainly three kinds of Powersports batteries. These are:
- Flooded batteries: These wet batteries are generally delivered with dry cells that need to be filled with sulphuric acid. Hence, even though they offer a reliable start and are commonly available, they are not highly preferred among users.
- AGM Battery: Unlike traditional wet batteries, AGM batteries seal the liquid between the fiberglass plates and prevent spills.
- Lithium batteries: The newest addition to powersports batteries, lithium batteries are lightweight, technologically advanced, and low maintenance. They also discharge at a slower rate and are great for aggressive riding.
What Are AGM Batteries?
As mentioned above, AGM refers to absorbed glass mat batteries that come with a pressure-relief valve. They are known to offer increased reliability and better performance when compared to traditional lead-acid batteries. Unlike flooded batteries, they do not need to be topped with distilled water regularly. This makes them spillage-resistant to a greater extent. They are affordable and easy to find, which is slowly making them a preferred alternative in the market with respect to flooded batteries.
If you would like to buy Powersports batteries for your motorbikes, reach out to us. We look forward to offering our services to you.
12-Volt Premium/6- and 12-Volt Conventional
We carry the Super Sport Series line of batteries made by Power-Sonic. These competitively-priced products offer exceptional value and are OEM-qualified for the powersport industry.
Today's vehicles, whether for daily or emergency use, are packed with more electronics than could have been imagined just a few years ago. The ODYSSEY® battery has been designed to keep up with the changes. Because its plates are made of pure virgin lead (unlike the lead alloy in most batteries) they can fit more inside. Also, as more plates are added, the surface area and power of the plates will increase significantly. It has twice the performance and three times the life of a traditional battery, with a maximum discharge depth of 80% and up to 400 cycles.
The ODYSSEY® battery delivers the massive starting power, rapid recovery, and amazing deep cycling capability that today’s vehicles demand.
ODYSSEY Extreme Series Batteries
The ODYSSEY Extreme series offers premium industrial, marine, and automotive batteries that are highly durable. They are known for their excellent performance as powersports batteries. Since they are not custom-built, you will have to check if they fit your battery compartment and work with your battery cables. They come in multiple models, so you can browse through them and find the one that fits your needs.
Are you getting your boat ready for the season? We will ensure your battery is up to par.
What Kills Powersports, ATV, and Motorcycle Lead-acid Batteries?
Even if you invest in high quality power sports batteries that are known to withstand the challenges of time, several factors can lead to their premature deterioration. Keep reading to know what may be killing your Powersports, ATV, and motorcycle lead-acid batteries.
- Excessive mechanical impacts, shocks, and vibrations can be the cause of your battery’s slow death.
- Lack of acid in flooded batteries can also kill them.
- Too high or too frequent spikes in voltage can also impact the health of your batteries.
- High temperature is another factor that can reduce your battery’s life span.
- Onboard electronics like radio, alarm, GPS, etc. can also drain your battery’s life and kill it sooner than you think.
If you would like to know more about batteries, please browse our blog which has a lot of informative content. You can also speak to a member of our team at Prairie Battery to share any questions or concerns. We will make sure that all your concerns are dealt with.